Sustainability & Social Responsibility
If you are surrounded by nature, you feel the need to protect it.
We are constantly working to minimize our environmental impact and we want to take responsibility that also extends far beyond the hotel entrance. Below we describe a little briefly what we do. Please let us know if you want to know more, this is something we are passionate about and are happy to discuss more about!
- We are ISO 14001 certified which means that we annually set new targets for all consumption of water, waste, chemicals and electricity to contribute to the centrally set targets within Strawberry. We have annual audits to maintain the certification and the vision is that it should be more environmentally friendly to live with us than to live at home. The long-term goal for us and the entire chain is to be climate neutral by 2030.
Today, we have a strong focus on food throughout Strawberry. The ambition is to get us to eat healthier and more environmentally friendly food in order to achieve sustainable growth on our planet.
Here's how we try to contribute:
- We work with as much local food as we can and change the menu based on the season
- We have removed all products containing palm oil
- All our guests should have the opportunity to have a full breakfast consisting of only organic ingredients
- All fish we serve are MSC certified
- We sort out all food waste and pass it on for biogas extraction.
- We have replaced much of the red meat in our menus and our groups are always given the option to choose green menus for the whole party.
Borrow aski rack
You don't have to buy a new ski rack to go up for a weekend or week. Thanks to our collaboration with Elevenate, you have the opportunity to borrow it from us for free during your stay. If you then want to buy a new set, you know that it is a garment you like and that will last a long time thanks to Elevenate's high quality. Elevenate is an Åre-based company that is an expert in clothing for the mountain, founded by a mountain guide and a freerider. All garments are designed and tested right outside our door on beautiful Åreskutan.
KVINNOJOUREN I ÅRE
Kvinnojoureni Åre consists solely of volunteers, and at the moment the finances only allow for a telephone hotline and chat during limited hours. There are great visions of how they can be a warm embrace for the municipality's vulnerable women and how they get schools, workplaces and associations to act against men's violence against women. We at Copperhill Mountain Lodge have decided that in various ways we will ensure that Kvinnojouren can help more fellow sisters to a better life. One of these is to donate money equivalent to the working hours if you choose not to clean your room.
We are the first hotel in Åre to introduce the Hotel Courage policy as a management tool. We take a stand and work internally to create conditions for guests and employees to act if they suspect that everything is not right.