Åre all year round
Åre is no longer just a winter resort. It offers adventures and experiences throughout the whole year.
Åre in the summer
When the snow melts, a whole new mountain opens up. Both for those who seek the tranquility of nature and for those who like the little more adrenaline-fueled sports. No matter what you want to do, we are up here at the tree border and look out all over Åredalen. Like a basecamp deluxe.
Examples of things to do are hiking, trailrunning, fishing, cyckling, kayak, paragliding and horseback riding. If you want to experience various attractions, we recommend Fröå Gruva, ride the cable car to the top of Åreskutan or take a trip to Sweden's largest waterfall, Tännforsen.
Åre in the winter
Most people come to Åre for skiing. Quite rightly so. It is one of Sweden's best. But that Åre is such a popular destination is also due to the fact that there is much more to do than just skiing. You can walk around our cozy village, eat at some of Sweden's better restaurants, shop or listen to one of all the famous artists who perform here. In addition to this, cross-country skiing, dog sledding tours, snowmobile safaris, snowshoeing and driving in various forms on our frozen lakes are also available.
Åre for children
Årefjällen is perhaps Sweden's largest playground. Both during summer and winter. In the winter, of course, skiing is the focus. And with Skistars all child-friendly areas, there's plenty to experience. Summer also offers lots of fun and adventures. Everything from hiking, swimming, fishing, kayak, zipline, downhill and cross-country cycling. We have great practical family suites where the children get their own room and in our hotel there are playrooms, billiards, special children's times at spa, Playstation in all rooms. During school holidays and other holidays, our popular activity club CopperKids is open. Fully loaded with creativity, new friends and lots of fun!
Åre for the pet owner
Åre also suits your four-legged friend. We have rooms where you are welcome to bring your pet with you. Just let us know when you book a room. Here you can sit in front of the fireside and have a cozy moment with your dog. If the dog wants a holiday from the holiday, we will help you get in touch with one of Åre's dog boardinghouses.
If you want a planned activity, we work together with our talented event vendors down in the village. Contact the reception and we will help you with tips and bookings.
Examples of activities
- Hiking – The nearest hiking trail is located directly outside the hotel and connects to Åre's over ten-mile joint system.
- Nordic Pole Walking – Borrow poles from us and take you safely out on the hiking trails.
- Trailrunning – Do your running training on the trails in Åre. You can enjoy the view at the same time you get a challenging workout.
- Mountain biking – Use the trail system to get around on the mountain by bike. MTB for downhill and cross country is available for rent in Åre .
- Zipline– A Åre classic that takes you over rapids and ravines hanging in a harness.
- Kayak – Paddle on Åre lake and enjoy the tranquility.
- Paragliding – From the peak of Åreskutan.
- Fly-fishing – Hire a guide and learn to fish with finess and style.
- Riding– Enjoy the mountains from a horseback.
Tännforsen – Visit Sweden's largest waterfall.
Contact us by phone +46 (0)647 143 00 or email email@example.com and we'll tell you more.